Wednesday, August 16, 2017

An interesting PPHS baseball artifact...

This past Saturday I participated in the Panther Boosters First Annual Golf Tournament. I played poorly, but the event was great. I put in a few bids at the silent auction, but failed to put in any winning bids. Of particular interest to me was the baseball signed by the State Champion Panther baseball team. My bid did not get very far. A few weeks ago I was given a different baseball of local interest. The baseball you see below (click on it to enlarge the image) states "Memorial Day May 30, 1933." That is the portion you can read by clicking on it. This was the last ball from the first game at the then new Parkers Prairie Ball Field. The rest of the baseball has written on it "Parkers won 5-0" and "Last Ball of the First Game on the New Parkers Ball Ground."


No comments:

Post a Comment